Together we support people and communities in achieving and maintaining their best possible health and social well-being.
Together we seek to build a healthy, safe, just and supportive community for all.
Beliefs and Values
- that all people have the right to conditions and resources for good health, including peace, shelter, education, food, income, a stable eco-system, sustainable resources, social justice and equity;
- that communities and individuals have the right to services that are respectful, relevant and effective.
- that there should be no barriers that prevent people and communities from achieving their full potential;
- in providing support to enable persons to remain in, and participate in, the life of their community; and,
- in seeking and sharing knowledge and resources so that individuals and communities are empowered to achieve their best possible health and social well-being.
Our Strategic Directions for 2011-2016...
- Maintain and further build excellence in meeting health and community needs
- Reduce barriers to health and well-being caused by poverty
- Increase our capacity to improve mental health and to reduce addictions
- Continue to lead in health and social service integration
- Foster innovation in the pursuit of excellence and quality service
- Strengthen our advocacy and action for the conditions that lead to health and well being
- Further develop partnerships to strengthen our impact.